Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Employment Law

Hi all,

Had a really interesting drunken conversation about employment law. Found out that I have no idea about current legislation over sickness and disability. If I could remember the actual conversation I wouldn't be concerned but can't and won't see this person for another year. Anyone in manager/leader position know where to get all this information from. I am attending a course in May, but am trying to get things in order as ofsted are making their drop in visits in our area. I am committe run but my chair's are only prepared to be in name only, so although in an ideal world,they are technically responsible, in a realistic world I have to sort it all out and am now teent bit concerned.

Any help/advice grately appreciated.

Net x

No not chairperson, just someone I met at my husbands works do who is doing a degree in employment law, somewhere in ipswich. Thank you all for the sites.

Net x

sounds like an ideal person to network with if you ask me. I might be able to help you after Januaru 16th as I am in the depths of doing business law as part of my degree and have a whole pile of case studies to get through with regard to employment law - but don't know an awful lot at the moment apart from accessing information from the sites Peggy has mentioned. It's a minefield, that's all I know - law is just something else - have just taken a break from european law to cme on here as I am sick to death of reading treaties and articles, directives, regulations etc etc yawn, yawn yawn so good luck

Nikki