Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual plans

Hi I'm starting in nursery in spetember having taught in receptuon for 13 years. I'm struggling to get my head around the fact that every child needs an individual plan updated half term ly with their next steps. In reception we plan our lit/maths focus and our free flow activites then we put childrens names next to the activity of they HAVE to visit it to cover a next step which has been noted from their learning journey. My brain is frazzled that on top of this I need to to an individual plan for every child every half term! How do others do it?

Hi - I wonder is this a stipulation of your La that every child has to have an IP? it's not the case in our La - we do have to show that we are tracking each child, have clear next steps and why we have chosen those next steps etc but an IP is something entirely different, being set smart targets agreed with parents, key person (wider multi agency team if one involved) which are measurable and reviewed 6 weekly tweaked, re-set! An IP for each child in that sense would be practically impossible!

I am wondering if you mean Individualised planning based on each child's interest and characteristics of learning and if it is, medium planning and enhanced weekly planning easily encompasses this and is far less complicated and labour intensive!

Good luck with your new venture!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)