Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Literacy Planning

Hi there - thios is my 2nd time of posting a question & plea for help on the site - had some fantastic ideas and suggestions that really helped me out when i tried before and so am giving it another go now!!! (Hopefully i will be be able to contribute to other peoples requests as well as i become more confident in using the site!!!)

Any way - i am currently in the process of devising some medium term literacy planning for our reception classes for the spring term - as we introduce an alternate numeracy/literacy session and activities into the routine at the beginning oif the spring term. The theme is Nursery Rhymes - but what i am really trying to get to grips with is the appropriate format / headings etc to incorporate. Any examples or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

I am going to thank everyone in advance for any replies so a great big thank you to all.

Fluffy

P.S - a fantastic site by the way - don't know how i lived without it before!!

I would be planning against goals, matching to NLS if you are in a school that requires this, indicating activities and experiences that can be provided continually and those which are directly topic based.

You will see a sample planning sheet within the planning reource area.

Glad you're finding the forum useful!

Hope this helps.

I would be planning against goals, matching to NLS if you are in a school that requires this, indicating activities and experiences that can be provided continually and those which are directly topic based.

You will see a sample planning sheet within the planning reource area.

Glad you're finding the forum useful!

Hope this helps.

44540[/snapback]

Thanks Susan - this may be a silly question but where would i find the planning resources area??? think i need to try & find more time to explore the full extent of the site!!!! thanks again.

Hi there - thios is my 2nd time of posting a question & plea for help on the site - had some fantastic ideas and suggestions that really helped me out when i tried before and so am giving it another go now!!! (Hopefully i will be be able to contribute to other peoples requests as well as i become more confident in using the site!!!)

Any way - i am currently in the process of devising some medium term literacy planning for our reception classes for the spring term - as we introduce an alternate numeracy/literacy session and activities into the routine at the beginning oif the spring term. The theme is Nursery Rhymes - but what i am really trying to get to grips with is the appropriate format / headings etc to incorporate. Any examples or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

I am going to thank everyone in advance for any replies so a great big thank you to all.

Fluffy

P.S - a fantastic site by the way - don't know how i lived without it before!!

44538[/snapback]

National Literacy Strategy produced some good medium term planning

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/p...ns007803fls.pdf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)