Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspectors Guidance From Ofsted

The following attachments might be useful.

This is a hard copy of the electronic inspection toolkit used by childcare inspectors to collect evidence and make judgements. ( PDF file)

Prompts for Inspectors on evidence for judgements ( word document)

Peggy

EARLY_YEARS_INSPECTION_RECORD_SAMPLE_FOR_INSPECTORS.pdf

PROMPTS_TO_HELP_CHILDCARE_INSPECTORS_TO_COLLECT_EVIDENCE_AND_MAKE_JUDGEMENTS.doc

I got them by registering on the Ofsted site for email alerts of any new publications, so, every time they publish something I get an email from Ofsted with a link to the publication.

Peggy

hi peggy,

I got them too by registering for alerts...... did you get the one that told ofsted how to use the correct pronouciations, punctuation and not to waffle in their reports?? It was funny!! (internal report aswell!!)

I had ofsted in w/c 25/11 on their no notice inspection, and in the feedback I told the inspector what I had received, she thought it was quite interesting as she was in the throws of telling us about using correct grammar!! by the way, we got "outstanding" in nursery education and "good" in standard of care - I think it's time to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! considering our preschool has had a great deal of changes since the end of the summer term, new joint leaders (me being one of them!!previously an assistant and co-ordinator), whole new staff team, trying to maintain a sense of routine for the existing children, welcoming new starters, etc I think we as a staff team deserve it!!!!

roll on xmas...... I need a party...................

Love kizzy xx :oxD:D:D:D:D

Whilst this makes for interesting reading (thanks Peggy for posting it!) and I can imagine that it will help providers in giving them an insight into what is being looked for, I am approaching this from a development officer perspective (please excuse me for what follows...)

It seems as though Ofsted (and the Government?) have achieved yet again in undermining the value and importance of 0-3 age group. We have a constant battle at work being overlooked by FS advisory teachers and our head of service to an extent as this is where the funding is and ultimately where all the 'thanks' are aimed (or so it appears to us)

Reading through this document there seems to be a huge gap between what is being looked for in care and education. I thought we were supposed to be moving towards an integrated birth to 'x'? (insert latest age group!)

Going slightly off topic - even the rebranding of the Early Years Development Framework is now holding on to the Foundation Stage aspect - no wonder there was an outcry in the press (even if they did get the wrong end of the stick as usual)

Sorry, rant over but it's been yet another 'what is the importance of care?' day in the office :o

PS Believe it or not, prior to this job, I was a FS practitioner and didn't 'do' babies - how times change us!

PPS Well done Kizzy on your recent Ofsted - got carried away in my rant!

Edited by Running Bunny

Hi there, RB,

With you All The Way!!!!! You should have been where I'm standing today - the Care definitely out weighed the Education, even if it was a Parent's malicious complaint!!!

You rant away, my dear, you are perfectly correct in highlighting this imbalance. Consider me a support person - 200 %

And Kizzy, - yes, well done :o

Sue :D

I agree entirely with you RB,

Practitioners are so "wound up" about meeting the requirements of the "Curriculum" and all it's different "Aspects" they are having to compromise on their main principles of wanting to care for and nurture our young children. The fault lies with the government and any representatives (on the payrole) of the government, including Ofsted and FS Advisors.

I always remind myself of Maslows Hiearchy of Need - because the words "Education" or "Curriculum" are not included to attain self Actualization.

Your role as a Development Officer is more essential than ever in these times of "Quantative" ( attainment scores) instead of "Quality" (Child initiated exploration and discovery) experiences for our young children.

Keep at it. :D

HI KIZZY,

"I got them too by registering for alerts...... did you get the one that told ofsted how to use the correct pronouciations, punctuation and not to waffle in their reports?? It was funny!! (internal report aswell!!) "

No, didn't get that one, could you attach a word doc or provide a link.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND ALL YOUR STAFF TEAM ON WHAT WAS OBVIOUSLY A WELL EARNED INSPECTION RESULT :D:D WELL DONE. :D

Peggy

hi peggy,

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications/inde...summary&id=4099

The title is: Ofsted's Guide to House Style (on Ofsted publications. search 2005 and it's dated 23/11/05) if link doesn't work. MOVE OVER COLIN & JUSTIN!!!!! OFSTED'S THE NEW DECORATOR IN TOWN!!!

It tells them how to write their documents..... how old??????

HO HO HO HO HAHAHAHAHAH Excuse me while I laugh my head off again......

Love kizzy xxxx :oxD:(

Edited by Guest

Kizzy, I read your post 3 times before I got the joke, very funny :D but

WHAT ARE YOU ON, I WANT SOME :o

If this sort of banter is what Ofsted publications do for you, I'd call the doctor pretty quick, but then again, I haven't read it yet xD

Thanks.

Peggy

hi peggy,

this is just me acting normal..... I blame the bubbles from coca cola myself.... don't drink, don't smoke, where do I get my addiction... I know "LAUGHTER - it's the best medicine"

kizzy xx :o