Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP in maintained nursery classes

apple

Hi all

I just wanted to know what you maybe planning to spend your Early years Pupil Premium on other than staffing. I am particularly interested in ideas from those that work in a maintained nursery class as part of a school. However, I would equally be happy to have ideas from all.

My head was asking if I had heard from any other settings regarding this issue so just thought I would ask here.

We use some to provide a uniform (every day wear and PE kit) and equipment pack (crayons, pad of paper, book bag) - parents just need to tell us what sizes they need and we make packs available for them to pick up if they want them.

Otherwise staffing I'm afraid - each PPF eligible child has individual time with a member of staff during the week working on areas identified by key worker.

i've heard the best use of the money is staffing. but i don't know who my EYPP children are, as our school only sent a letter recently and no one has sent it back. and nothing has been said about how the money will be spent ..... how are schools making it easier to identify parents? ours struggle with forms, so this won't help ...

Hate to make matters worse but as a full daycare nursery...I have 5 yes, 5 sets of funding forms....to

start with the funding forms are watermarked with a 2 ,3 or 4 for the age of the funded child.We are near United States Air bases,so some american children who cannot get pupil premium...so the 3 and 4 year old forms are then seperated into 2/...those who might get EYPP and those that definitely cannot...hence 5 sets of forms.....it is worrying me to death how to get it all done by 8th May as we also have to have evidene of their benefit to attach to their EYPP form.......Lost the plot yet??? I have !!

Hate to make matters worse but as a full daycare nursery...I have 5 yes, 5 sets of funding forms....to

start with the funding forms are watermarked with a 2 ,3 or 4 for the age of the funded child.We are near United States Air bases,so some american children who cannot get pupil premium...so the 3 and 4 year old forms are then seperated into 2/...those who might get EYPP and those that definitely cannot...hence 5 sets of forms.....it is worrying me to death how to get it all done by 8th May as we also have to have evidene of their benefit to attach to their EYPP form.......Lost the plot yet??? I have !!

wow.... poor you ...

I sent the letter out to all of our nursery parents, though school gave me a list of the siblings in school with free school meals status to help.

I think I have had about 6/7 back.

Will need to chase some folks I am sure, but from Septemeber intake will get parents to fill out the form as general part of admission stuff.

As for what to spend money on.... Well staff and we have highlighted the children who need some extra nursery time in the hopes of them meeting age related expectation as they hit reception and since last September before this extra money we have been offering free extra sessions to try and bring these children on.

We have a nursery management meeting in two weeks I am sure it will be a hot topic.

I am in a nursery attached to a school but it is not maintained it is run by the governors.

I sent the letter out to all of our nursery parents, though school gave me a list of the siblings in school with free school meals status to help.

I think I have had about 6/7 back.

Will need to chase some folks I am sure, but from Septemeber intake will get parents to fill out the form as general part of admission stuff.

As for what to spend money on.... Well staff and we have highlighted the children who need some extra nursery time in the hopes of them meeting age related expectation as they hit reception and since last September before this extra money we have been offering free extra sessions to try and bring these children on.

We have a nursery management meeting in two weeks I am sure it will be a hot topic.

I am in a nursery attached to a school but it is not maintained it is run by the governors.

good idea to get forms filled in at home visits in september x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)