Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aagh! Ofted! This Week!

Well take some comfort from the fact that at least it will be over soon and you wont have the agro again for a while!!

Dont so anything differently than you would have done anyway, and Im sure you and the children will cope.

Good luck.

Good luck from me again, Offer them some mulled wine but steer clear of the mistletoe :o

Just remember "tis the season of goodwill to all" even Ofsted Inspectors. :D

Peggy

Hiya Saraholl, A kindrid spirit. I've got OFSTED on Thurs and Fri, heard about it this a.m. What a laugh. 2 weeks before Christmas - what learning do they think they're going to see?? We're also in full rehearsal flow. Our performances are on Thurs a.m. and p.m. and we've arranged to close Nursery and cover Reception on Friday for compiling info for the profiles. So no teaching for me, but unfortunately I'll be available for a thorough grilling about practices etc. KS1 are going to attempt some science on Fri pm - after their children have done an evening Christmas performance on Thursday! They'll either be asleep or floating near the ceiling tearing each other's throats out (hopefully that'll be just the children).

At least it'll be over before Christmas.

On the practical side, I think they'll focus on systems in place for monitoring, evaluation, SEN, parents, daily routines, assessments and how do you know what they're learning????

Good luck etc.

Love J

good luck I can sympathise with you got phonecall last Monday and OFSTED came last Thursday and Friday. At least it was over quickly and no weekends were ruined. We carried on as normal, Nativity rehearsals and all!! Went well and can now enjoy Christmas.

I wish I was having an Inspection - October 2003, yes 2 years ago, I was given a "failed" - "unsatisfactory" across all areas Education and Standards. It's a long story, they were meant to re-inspect within 6 months ( March 2004)- had my re-inspection on standards in June 2004 - passed as "Satisfactory" but I still haven't had the Education re-inspection, 2 years later :o This has seriously affected my business because the report is still on the website.

I feel I should complain using the latest publication from Ofsted.

see link;

new -complaints against Ofsted procudures

My concern, and why I haven't complained earlier is because I don't want to rock the boat, how are they going to behave towards me during an Inspection after I have made a complaint against them?

What would you do? Complain or just wait for them to turn up?

Peggy

Thank you all for your kind words! am very tired of it all already! completely forgetting i am also on a trip tomorrow, day before ofsted, so that will be nice - very tired excited children who have just seen Santa!

Thanks J for your tips on what they are looking for - feel confident that these are in place so that's reassuring! Wish that it was over!

Sara x

gill, would you mind me asking what they looked at in terms of Foundation? Well done on your inspection! i am jealous that it is over for you!! Merry Crimbo!

Hi! day one down and large glass of wine on hand! :D day one involved 2 inspectors - one in with head am re budgets and with core subject co-ordinators pm!

Second inspector spent day moveing around school in and out of peoples lessons for 5 mins to 25 mins at a time - very frustrating when he came in after inputs or at end of sessions - which happened to me! By lunchtime he had seen 15 mins of PD session in hall and then came back at end of second session when children were tidying up with the question ' what percentage of last year's cohort achieved a level 6 in writing?' While children were tidying around us! what a nightmare!! Then went on to say ' and level 9 writers this year?' I thought he meant predicted for end of the year and answered with around 5 - which he said 'ooh already! i'll look forward to seeing your evidence!' Panic!! and tears!! i thought he meant for end of year!! Proceed to me flustered and crying not knowing what to do! in the end went to find him and clarified my point - stating that i had evidence to support myself and felt much calmer - till he said what are you doing htis afternoon? Me - Nativity rehearsal with KS1 followed by Plan - Do - Review - lovely - i will come and join you!! Came in - missed the plan and left before the review!! At end of day half the teachers said they hadn't seen anyone in their lessons!! Why me - deputy tells me theri brief is attainment - focussing on foundation, year 2 and year 6! Lovely - now preparing for meeting tommorow am to discuss profiles, progress, value added and projected results!! Kill me now!!

sorry for long post - had to destress!! :o

p.S thank the lord for this site and the links to national data for me to make my comparisons!!

pps - wish that foundation stage didn't mean just me!!!