Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Requesting some inspiration for training day

DavidW

Good morning. I am tasked with doing various training activities for our staff training day. A lot of it is sorted but I am planning to do an activity on effective observations. There will be about 20 people in a group and my idea to make it a bit more interesting is to set up three intriguing activities or tasks (not too much work) divide them up into small groups and then film them doing the activities. I can then project the film from my tablet onto the television and discuss what sort of things would be useful observations if this was being done on the children. I had a couple of questions for you all:

1) Do you think this would be an effective way to talk about appropriate observations? Is there anything you would do differently?

2) Do you have any suggestions for types of activities or tasks for the staff to do that will hold their attention and not make them doze off?

Thanks in advance.

I have done a similar thing when I asked the team to work as a group to make the tallest giraffe they could, using the newspaper and sellotape I had supplied. Some did the building while others observed. Certainly they had lots of fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)