Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Skills Factory

I have used it and I like it but I know of others who do not. I use it really as a glorified data base - it has eveyr single stepping stone on it and some others which seem a little strange - I like the way i can print out my planning - it will tell me how much coverage I have got and will draw an automatic bar chart - not that I use this much but I know Ofsted liked it, but then they would - it does help me to focus on the aspects of learning - there are links through tto the FS profile, although I am in early years playschool so wouldn't be able to answer as to whether this bit of it was good or not.

For £90 saves me a whole load of typing and thinking - and looking up so for me I am pleased with it as a tool but not too sure what others think. They used to do it on approval so you can try before you buy - might be worth looking at it this way

Nikki

Not seen Early Years version but have used the IEP writer by skills factory. It is useful as a resource but we used it alongside other resources.

We had curriculum complete which had a section for Reception but found it really difficult to find the time to work out how to use it successfully. As I was teaching in reception I was also planning against ELGs and using stepping stones as differentiation and it really didnt seem easy to do that.

Not sure how the early years version differs or whether I would have found it more accessible.

There is a review of an alternative curriculun support software within the review section.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)