Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C3.1 Pc5

annah

Help,

I have an assessment next week and I have to do a short movement activity using visual aids. My assessor has suggested doing something at circle time. My mind has gone blank on what to do. Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Am new to the forum, but have used it so much and it has been a great help with my NVQ! :o

Hi Annah, Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you don't try and think of "something new" especially as you are being observed.

What activities does your setting currently do for this area? I would think it best to stick with what the children are comfortable with and used to.

Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to have the "lead" role at circle time, maybe because it is an activity the supervisor leads. Ask him/her if you can practise this lead role for the days leading up to your assessment, again so that the children can get used to a different person leading circle / ring games time, prior to the assessment.

Are you doing level 2 or 3?, I personally feel that NVQ should be an assessment of "experience" and not just a one off "performance" just for a pass, especially at level 3. I do understand however that at level 2 the candidate would possibly have less opportunities in some settings to lead activities, I should think at level 2 you should just need to be involved in the activity and be able to understand the planning and purpose behind it.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but NVQ is an assessment of professional knowledge and practical ability / skills. If you haven't had opportunities to experience and develop this area of your skills then maybe the assessment should be delayed for awhile until you have had the practise.

Hope it all goes well. Just remember, do what you would normally do in your everyday work, as this is a true measure of your level.

Peggy

Peggy

Hi Annah, Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you don't try and think of "something new" especially as you are being observed.

What activities does your setting currently do for this area? I would think it best to stick with what the children are comfortable with and used to.

Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to have the "lead" role at circle time, maybe because it is an activity the supervisor leads. Ask him/her if you can practise this lead role for the days leading up to your assessment, again so that the children can get used to a different person leading circle / ring games time, prior to the assessment. 

Are you doing level 2 or 3?, I personally feel that NVQ should be an assessment of "experience" and not just a one off "performance" just for a pass, especially at level 3.  I do understand however that at level 2 the candidate would possibly have less opportunities in some settings to lead activities, I should think at level 2 you should just need to be involved in the activity and be able to understand the planning and purpose behind it.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but NVQ is an assessment of professional knowledge and practical ability / skills.  If you haven't had opportunities to experience and develop this area of your skills then maybe the assessment should be delayed for awhile until you have had the practise.

Hope it all goes well. Just remember, do what you would normally do in your everyday work, as this is a true measure of your level.

Peggy

Peggy

43956[/snapback]

Thanks for your help. I am doing Level 3 as I have just been appointed deputy supervisor. I do the register and stories but as we are such a tiny group we don't really do circle time as such at the moment (though, it is something I want to introduce!). I think I may do an action game using cards as a visual aid and try it out a few times on the kids. They always like that kind of activity!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)