Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Curriculum Help!

I hope someone can help. We failed OFSTED and are in special measures, I have been put in FS!! I keep being told different ways of doing things and have moved my classroom accordingly. The pressure is tremendous, I know I am doing a good job, and deep in my heart of hearts I know the right way of doing it too, but with all the advice from advisors and other practitioners i am loosing faith.

Which is the right way forward can anybody give me the right advice before i give up :oxD

I hope someone can help. We failed OFSTED and are in special measures, I have been put in FS!! I keep being told different ways of doing things and have moved my classroom accordingly.  The pressure is tremendous, I know I am doing a good job, and deep in my heart of hearts I know the right way of doing it too, but with all the advice from advisors and other practitioners i am loosing faith.

Which is the right way forward can anybody give me the right advice before i give up  :o  xD

43881[/snapback]

Please dont give up .This is a fantastic site and has many very good Foundation people.What sort of things have you been told and are you in Foundation (nursery) or FS2 (Reception) or in a Foundation Stage unit .

What kinds of thingsdid Ofsted pinpoint as ares of development in FS.Im sure you will find the help you need here :)

Crestacat

Oh have a hug from me :) I can imagine that advice from a host of well meaning people can cause confusion. I hope someone far more experienced than me will be along shortly to offer you constructive advice but for now hang on in there you KNOW you are doing a good job and please don't give up. You sound passionate about FS and just the sort of person the children need.

Sorry this isn't the advice you are looking for but hope it may help a little bit

[Thank you both I am in FS2 with 24 children class support 3 days a week, after an constructive observation 'NOT ' it seems all activities were not stretching the ch but they were activities we had changed on the advice of an advisor the previous monday. I have a very good class of fairly bright ch in an innercity school in a deprived area. I love my job and want what is right for my children--now i am waffling :oxD

First things first ....Good Luck!

Now! Was the constructive observation made by someone who understands the Foundation Stage? Sounds daft but lots of criticism comes from people who think we 'Just mess about' down here and dont understand the learning that takes place. Sometimes we have activities to provide experiences the children would otherwise never get, they might not be seen by some as stretching the children educationally but are valuable in themselves and enriching for the children. If you can justify the activities to yourself then please stop worrying. There are loads of advise experience and resources to be found on this site and always people ready to help if you have a problem/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)