Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activities...

Hello all

i'm after some easy and cheap ideas. :o

we only opened in September so money is tight. I was after some ideas for activities to make.. i want to put together a box for mathematical development and CLL but all ideas will be welcome.

One tip i was given was to cut up broom stales to use during music, the kids love using them to keep the beat to the music, and at 79p and a lick of child friendly paint (makes about 9 depending on size you want them) cant be bad :D

Cheers

Jo

Lots of maths resources can be made out of odds and ends. here are three games my chidren enjoy:

-a set of paper cups and buttons. Put one button under two cups, two buttons under two cups, three buttons under two cups etc. Chidren play a pairs game turning up two cups at a time to try to find a matching pair. If they do they win a 'special ' button. Play as long as you like and count up special buttons won at the end. Brilliant for estimating and counting.

-collect and cover individual cereal boxes. Make them into little houses and number them like a street. Place a play person in or next to each house. Make a set of envelopes with numbers and the children have to play postman and deliver the envelopes. At this time of year of course they can be Christmas cards!

-cover a small crisp tube with shiny paper. Put in a number of strips of paper with numerals or dots according to children's understanding. Add a few strips with instructions such as 'jump up and down' or'clap your hands'. Children take turns to pull out a strip and have to identify the numbers or do the action.

Have fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)