Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paperwork/resources

Hi everyone

I just liked to know how EY teachers organise all their paperwork. Do keep files and resources at home or school. At the moment I have very little room for my own storage. Also where do people keep resources that they have made? I think I am getting a little bogged down with all the paper!!

I work as an early years practitioner and I keep my resources everywhere .... I have bookcases in my wardrobes in my bedroom, (how sad is that - don't earn enough money to fill it with clothes) kichen and lounge and my floor seems to take up a bit of the slack along with a couple of heavy duty boxes I carry around in my car along with several shelves at my work too. yes it goes on forever, I cannot bear to throw anything away - I am the jsut in case person - and to be honest I have things everywhere. The trouble is we have to support and provide evidence of moreoreless everythign we do so I find it hard to throw things away.

Nikki

Hi,

Yes, I agree, we seem to have to keep just about everything!!! :o However, after complete rebellion at home, I just keep what's actually being worked on right now there. Everything else stays at work - they benefit, anyway!! (Day Nursery, so may be different issues). As for files and past work products/evidence, they have to stay at work, now we're on 'No notice' Ofsted - what if I was updating children's files at home on a day off and the big O walked in!!!!!

Sue

I work as an early years practitioner and I keep my resources everywhere ....  I have bookcases in my wardrobes in my bedroom, (how sad is that - don't earn enough money to fill it with clothes) kichen and lounge and my floor seems to take up a bit of the slack along with a couple of heavy duty boxes I carry around in my car along with several shelves at my work too.  yes it goes on forever, I cannot bear to throw anything away - I am the jsut in case person - and to be honest I have things everywhere.  The trouble is we have to support and provide evidence of moreoreless everythign we do so I find it hard to throw things away.

Nikki

43965[/snapback]

Pleased to hear I'm not the only one :(

to be honest I have been brutal xD I spent a couple of hours in the attic throwing away copies of child ed and work sheets I was given when

I first started teaching and have never used but kept 'just in case' :o

i

Edited by MARl0N

oh yes, those "just in case" and how many times do you keep bits of old rubbish thinking this will be really useful, throw it away and then realise you have the perfect solution to using that piece of old rubbish about a month later. I really will get my filing sorted out - one day - when I have nothing better to do which will be never!

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)