Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help - Christmas Calendars

Hi

I'm thinking about Christmas Calendars again! We have little calendars and I'm drawing a blank as to what to do!

In the past we've done Collage of Toys (Our theme at present), WordArt, Photos of the children - decorated but I need some new ideas!

Please help!

We've just done our calendar this week. The children dipped the corners of folded up kitchen paper into different coloured, watered down, food colourings. Open them up and hey presto you have a pretty pattern which makes a nice background for a photo of the child doing a pre-school activity. As part of ICT, we got the children to choose and print their photo on our new photo printer. Then we'll probably laminate the whole thing!

A very simple activity that most of the children enjoyed again and again.

The hardest part was trying to find somewhere to dry all the works of art first!

Deb

Hi

Have done calendars this week used cotton buds and metallic paint on black sugar paper.

Blobs of paint drawn out from centre with cotton bud to make a starry sky (hope that makes sense)

then stuck randomly placed leaf rubbings, the children had done previously.

May be too late to do leaf rubbings but it makes a great background.

Tia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)