Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Setting Up A Nursery?

Tigger

Does any of you knowledgeables know how a school would go about setting up a nursery and/ or a foundation stage unit? We have a struggling pre school within the school grounds that has a long waiting list but serious staffing, building and financial issues. Does anyone know how if we wanted the school could start a nursery.

Before I hear all you pre school staff shouting at me about the value of pre schools, as a school we do, we, the LEA advisory team and Pre School

support are supporting physically and emotionally and organisationally,as much as possible. This question is purely a fact finding in the if all the staff were to leave or the pre school was closed.

We are a pre-school within the grounds of school and are looking into somehow joining with the school, but remaining a charity with separate finances I think. Think it's something to do with Surestart but will ask the chair tomorrow. Are having a meeting soon to discuss further.

Deb

We are a voluntary committee run pre-school who operate out of a classroom rented from our feeder school. This school has just won finance for a new build and the only way they could include provision for us was if the school governors take over the running of our group. Not too sure yet of the ins and outs of this but I guess it would be the way forward for you.

Hi Suzanne,

how/ where did you get this finance?

This could be a way forward, the staff are all so demoralised and are looking for other jobs, the committee are keen but are coming up against so many brick walls and adverts for staff are having no response.

This is the only pre school in the village and it would be a shame to lose the facility. Also its close proximity is so valuable for transition and building relationships with the school for the children.

If we were to go ahead it would be in the same way as Suzanne with the school governing body being responsible for the governing of our pre-school but we would somehow retain our charitable status. We are at very early stages in discussion with the school but it is being put forward by Surestart.

Will let you know when I know more.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)