Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Standards In Nvqs

:o I'm interested in views by assessors & candidates about the new NVQ standards for level 2 and 3. Also the role that the assessor takes in different colleges.

Do you put work products (photocopies) in portfoli or is everything original?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i am an Assessor and have 4 students now on the new standards, they seem to be finding them easier to understand as there is not as much jargon in the wording of the pc's.

To be honest I haven't had much time to look at the standards. I only have one candidate and she is working on the old ones so it gives me a chance to have a good look at them. They do look like they're in plainer English though which has to be a good thing. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest cathy m
:o  I'm interested in views by assessors & candidates about the new NVQ standards for level 2 and 3. Also the role that the assessor takes in different colleges.

Do you put work products (photocopies) in portfoli or is everything original?

43421[/snapback]

I am currently undertaking the assessors qualification and have one candidate on the old standards and one on the new. Candidates on the CCLD have 2 folders, one is a resource file containing policies and work related products and the other is for evidence. The new standards are very different and direct observations by the assessor can now cover PC's and knowledge. There is more planning to do for assessors as each unit is pre-planned but the idea is now that units may be signed off in the setting, so it should be less time spent marking.

There is certainly a huge choice of optional units ( approximately 40) so candidates will be able to select units that are relevant to their setting. Any transitional period can be difficult but I think candidates will benefit from the new standards and the extended age range is a positive factor for practitioners working with older children.

Cathy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)