Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Data Do You Keep?

Hi, I'm currently doing the foundation degree and need to know what data and information is kept on the INDIVIDUAL child.

This goes from early years to key stage 1.

Have got as much as I can think of, SATs etc but I know there must be loads more.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi littleheckythump,

Do you mean data on curriculum assessment or do you mean a wider range to include what data is required on registration forms such as name, d.o.b., gender, ethnic origin, address, parent contact, other emergency contacts, allergies, etc etc ?

Peggy

Hi Peggy,

I actually need both.

Evidence/data to support the development of children

and Range of evidence and data available in the work setting

I have the usual contact etc info as on registration but was thinking along the lines of assessments, observations, tests etc.

I mainly work in ks2 but I need this for early years.

Thanks

I can only say what information we keep in my preschool.

Assessment sheets on Birth to Three matters, Foundation Stage curriculum for each child. These consist of assessments which are informed by observations ( both informal and formal). Observations are produced through different methods written, photographic, video, voice recordings.

We also assess the weeks activities / learning objectives to the Every Child Matters - 5 outcomes. This assessment can sometimes mention particular individual childrens achievements or interest in a given area of the curriculum. ie: Being Healthy - Tom Smith independently accessed the snack bar for the 1st time on Tuesday.

We keep records for children identified as having SEN or EAL, other agencies involved, and developmental reports from other agencies and specific play plans.

We also have records relating to children who are in foster care, (LAC)which includes other agencies involved, case conference records etc.

We keep financial data, ( parents rather than individual children - although they are identified in fees records etc )

I may have forgotten some other forms of data, but hope this helps.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)