Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Responsive planning

Hi,

As part of our planning we fill out a responsive planning sheet which basically records any significant obs where we have supported and extended learning and if appropriate, further responses e.g. Enhancements, Change on provision etc. However, I am struggling to get my 2 Ta's to fill it in and I have to ask them what they've been involved in and do they need to do anything else. I feel this is a useful record but not sure how to make it simpler or just get rid of it which I don't really want to do. What do you do? Do you record this type of information?

Thanks,

Green Hippo x

I have never worked with TAs who would have done that consistently. Are they actually doing that anyway within their daily interaction with the children?

However, I did work with an excellent TA for a while who would have and did give me that sort of verbal feedback and together we would decide how to proceede. I used to record anything like that as an evaluation of my planning on my planning docs.

One of my Ta's is an EYT and has commented on how much she likes it and to be fair she does fill it in at least once a week. I would say that they are both good at teaching 'in the moment' it's just that they see it as everyday practice so sometimes don't realise when they've done it! I just want a way of showing how we are responding to day to day interests and needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)