Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspection Inconsistencies?

I hear that OFSTED are often inspecting preschools on school grounds at the same time as they do the school inspection. If this becomes routine, then surely at some stage these preschools will not be having an unannounced inspection. While I'm not especially concerned about that per se, there seems to be a tendency for different standards to apply. Some preschools on school grounds, for instance, are offered free fruit & vegetables from their partner schools. Preschools located elsewhere are not eligible.

And - [while I'm griping, you can tell I'm ready for the weekend!]- when will we give up the pretence that it's possible for an inspector ever to see things as they usually are? Everyone knows the presence of any visitor affects the group dynamics. How much more so during an inspection, when children so readily pick up vibes from the staff?

As a pre-school effected by these changes that is the only plus for us altho I do prefer not knowing to be honest.however it used to be more then 2 days didnt it? we dont get free fruit but except some may but what difference does that make to your inspection? xD:o

It isnt welcome believe me as we were inspected 9 months ago and will get one early next year and altho we had a brilliant report I get very stressed!!Also I am worried that the school inspectors will not fully understand the early foundation style(but I will be ready to defend it )So its swings and roundabout really isnt it?

I too have had a pig of a week so I sympathise weightman lets try and relax over the weekend forget about it having your say will of helped Im sure. :)

Sorry Andreamay, the fruit has nothing to do with the inspection! It's just something that annoys me. I think it should be available to all funded children.

Thanks for your sentiments! On eof the reasons I'm feeling abit stressed, probably, is that I've got 4 hours training tomorrow in my workplace!