Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Grievences

Andreamay

if a member of staff wants to formally complain about treatment from the committee who do they approach.?

I am the supervisor but this staff is an admin employee and is employed by the committee we do confer but she is not included in our rotas etc or attend our meetings aand works from home visiting me to relay info.

thanks for any help you can give :o

If she is employed by the committee then she needs to go directly to them to make her complaint. I would think that she needs to put her complaint in writing and address it to the chair. They then need to set up a meeting and she should have a friend or relative with her at these meetings if she wants.

What happens after that, I don't really know. Do you have a complaints and grievance policy for employees and if so does it not include admin staff? We are not a committee run group so our procedure will be slightly different I suppose.

Linda

she doesnt want to go to the chair as she is her main greivence!we do have a greivency document but it doesnt say where to go if compliant is about the committee.It does not involve the welfare of the children in any way so I dont want ofsted involved.it is basically employment issues.Do you think it is the pla.i will look in our constitution tomo and see wether anything in there.thank you linda