Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Simplechristmas Cakes

Hi there,

is anyone of your uper stars able to help me?? i am looking to make mini christmas cakes with the children but require a 'simple' but tasty christmas cake reciepe!

i tried using one last year which you mixed in mincemeat but the cakes turned out awfully dry :o

im hoping to improve them this year, but need a marvellous recipe to start with!

ANY SUGGESTIONS OULD B GREATY APPRECIATED!

kind thanks :)

we made them a few years ago- as far as I can remember just used a fruit cake recipe and them the children cooked them in small baked bean tins so they had individual cakes.

Tended to find it a very adult led activity though- how about you.

L

Have thought about doing this myself but not sure about the timescale with all the baked bean tins. Have seen in Sainburys Xmas mag where they show mini xmas cake using maderia cake cut up and iced using rolled out icing. Thiught this might be more suitable for the children - easier for them? Still a bit adult led though.

Sue

wow.. thank youall so kindly for your speedy feedback and ideas! we aim to use the mini baked bean cans and have been trying to work out the time scale.. decided we will start them next week! goodness me christmas will be here in a flash!

many thanks again, the recipe looks fab :D

I make Christmas cakes with the children but cheat a bit. I make them in rectangle baking tins Wrap them in foil and let them keep for two or three weeks. It is an adult led adtivity but I do it with a group of about 6 children. They can stir whisk and chop cherries.

Then I cut the cakes into squares and let them individually decorate their cakes.

Last year we bough little bags from Lakeland and they put them in them and tied with a ribbon.

Lovely end result and not as fiddly as baked bean tins. Also not as dry.

That is my job for next week.

Glen

Really like your recipe, LJW, but - it's probably me being dense - I don't quite get the proportions. Is it for 6 children on the left, 12 on the first right & 8 on the second right, or have I misunderstood?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)