Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Understanding the world -people and communities

Hi there. This is my first post on any forum ever! I am very new to childminding and am slowly getting to grips with the obs, assessment and planning cycle. I need to spend some time on the area of Understanding the world - people and communities this week. I have a 2 and a half year old. Any one got any good ideas that will be age appropriate and not too time consuming? Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Cheryl and well done on your first post. I hope the fact you haven't had a reply doesn't put you off.

Personally I would not try to follow the curriculum by covering certain things at a prescribed time. Instead I would concentrate on the child, planning activities around their interests. From this you will gather a lot of very rich observations and over time you'll find that much of the curriculum is covered in any case.

• Like 1

Thank you. That was a very useful reply. I had in mind that I needed to cover all 7 areas within a certain time frame which sort of happens naturally but felt getting a few obs were a little more contrived than I ideally wanted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)