Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help

Hello,

Could really use your help to get a few ideas going for an observation on my teaching nxt wk. The focus is 'writing - children as active learners'. They wont really expand on this and I seem to have a brain blockage and can't think of what to do. Have had lots of observations (NQT last yr) and they have always gone well but each time I get really panicy and nervous and don't seem to be able to go with the flow like I normally would if no one was watching. My topic nxt week is Eid (wanted to spend a while on festivals). Any inspiring ideas would be so appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

Emma x

HI Emma Jane

we are doing Eid next week and on Monday we are making simple Eid sweets (melted choclate and then add mini marshmallows, currants, raisins, sultanas, peel~ basically any food stuffs that start with the letters that we have been learning!~ mix all together and pop into little sweet cases)

The reason we are making these is also to aid our writing. We have been focusing on lists and I want the children to be able to write the intial letter in the words. After having made them on Monday will shall have a go at writing our lists the ingredients will be before them when they write to remind them and to help sound out/stretch the words in order to hear the phonemes.

Hope this may be of some use

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)