Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time And Reception

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? i am on a teaching practise in reception and doing a topic on reflection- i want to encorporate a road safety and reflective clothing into a circle time and would welcome any ideas.

many thanks

Charliey

Check see if your school actually has a role play Road Safety Pack. Ours does and it includes zebra crossing, role play clothes and stop signs etc. We also have a road safety story sack in school - you should check to see if you have any of these available in school to see whether you could use the resources contained within them - they are really good.

x

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? i am on a teaching practise in reception and doing a topic on reflection- i want to encorporate a road safety and reflective clothing into a circle time and would welcome any ideas.

many thanks

Charliey

42829[/snapback]

thanks will do.

HI Charliey 79

I am on teaching practice in a reception class. I looked at road safety this week as i had a trip to the post office planned. our school has reflcetive tabards that the children used during the walk. will try to find out where they were purchased.

I showed the children the hedghog road safety web site. we had it up on the interactive whiteboard and looked at some of the information, listened to the road safety song and then played one of the games. the children in my class were very responsive to this and the activity lasted longer than i had anticipated because they were enjoying it. It does mention reflective clothing and safety equipment whilst riding bikes.

http://www.hedgehogs.gov.uk/main/main.html

hope this address is useful

just a thought - does your school receive the reflectors from Nationwide? Our school get a delivery of individual character reflectors for the recpetion year group around this time of year with a video made by Nickolodean to share with children and understand their purpose?

just a thought - does your school receive the reflectors from Nationwide? Our school get a delivery of individual character reflectors for the recpetion year group around this time of year with a video made by Nickolodean to share with children and understand their purpose?

42915[/snapback]

thanks - reception didint get the reflectors for some bizare reason

the video is fab - was well hidden though! have been teaching in recpetion for 4 years and didn;t know that the video was on the shelf in the staff room - mixed up with KS2 videos!! spotted it by chance while looking for a video when covering a year 3 class for PPA!! got very excited and couln't wait for the reflectors to come!! how sad eh! have a look on your shelves - don;t know when it cam but could have been with first ever delivery of reflectors!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)