Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Merging Childre's Centres And School Reception Cla

hello i am a Recp teacher and am wanting to know more about merging of reception and childrens centres? can any one help me?eg. management of staff, room,

I am the 'reception class 'teacher- employed by the school working in a cc which is within the school building. I lead the learning/teaching of FS- all the other staff in the cc are employed by the EY dept. It works really well- we are a strong team. It's early and my brain isn't in gear yet to give advice- but I will answer any questions! Sorry I know that's not much help right now!

• 3 months later...

On Friday I had to attend an Extended Services Committee meeting (stand in for the head) today he has said that after I left it was suggested that the intended children's centre should be situated at my school rather than at a school 2 miles away as originally proposed Id be interested in hearing how it works in practice

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Make sure you have enough storage space on your plans. We seem to have lost out on that. We have a pram store being added. Check the floor size/specifications, as we have been told our rooms will hold 25 children that at present hold 16 - seems a bit of a squeeze to have that many children and furniture/equipment. I like low level windows for children to look through or doors with glass at the bottom. We opted for flooring throughout the room (no fixed carpet) - we have large rugs to create different areas. Low display boards for children's work etc, higher display board for parent noticeboard but make sure you specify exactly where you want them. We are hoping to have a low sandpit built for Under 2s room, so toddlers can step into it. A window in the changing area, can be a good idea for staff members to see what is happening in classroom and for staff safety/protection while still ensuring child's privacy. Will you have a say in how outdoors will look? We have ordered a willow structure, canopy for shade, roadway. We don't have a private space for confidential chats with parents, apart from main office. We have also lost our staff room (a place for staff to work away from the children) on nursery premises but will have access to a larger staff room in upstairs extension.

We are an existing Early Years Centre (2-5 year olds) - having a two storey extension (commnity cafe, medical rooms, conference room, staff room etc) and Under 2s unit being built. Finished in June, we hope.

I'll add more later, if I can think of more.

We had a shower put in the toilet area, off classroom. Not had to use it yet. We had new doors put on existing toilet area but they are just too narrow for a child in wheelchair or a child using a walking frame. Hopefully we can adapt/cut off part of it but it seems like some of those practical things were not thought of by architects or builders.

We have an accessible toilet in extension but not in nursery building! Would have to leave the nursery part and go through community cafe to get to adult accessible toilet! We did have one built just year and a half ago but that has been replaced with new build.

Access to building, ramps. Security - we have door tags to get into nursery building and into rooms.

• 1 year later...
hello i am a Recp teacher and am wanting to know more about merging of reception and childrens centres? can any one help me?eg. management of staff, room,

make sure that the cc staff and reception class are introduced and CLEAR about what their roles are and how they differ - has caused no end of trouble for us!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)