Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cv & Letter

Heeeeellp!

I'm applying for a teaching job and haven't wrriten a CV for 6 years. does anyone have a successful format and any ideas about covering letter would be appreciated. I only recieved the letter on Wednesday and applications have to be in on Monday so i only have this weekend to produce both!!!! Yikes . Anyhow PLEASE if anyone has anything useful let me know ASAP. Em :o

Heeeeellp!

I'm applying for a teaching job and haven't wrriten a CV for 6 years. does anyone have a successful format and any ideas about covering letter would be appreciated. I only recieved the letter on Wednesday and applications have to be in on Monday so i only have this weekend to produce both!!!! Yikes . Anyhow PLEASE if anyone has anything useful let me know ASAP. Em :o

42779[/snapback]

What is it you're applying for? Will try to help.

Mel C

:D

Mmm, sent a reply yesterday but it doesn't seem to have attached :o

I would just say look closely at the job spec, check out any extra info about the school that you can glean from the ad or from their web site. See how your experience and expertise match up and sell yourself BIG time. Can you offer anything extra like playing an instrument etc?

As for CV, not sure I can be much help. Obviously the usual: qualifications , previous jobs and personal interests. Perhaps also any courses/training you have been on, positions of responsibility you have had or still have, clubs you run etc? (I'd quite like to know what others do for CV's too!)

Good luck :D

Mmm, sent a reply yesterday but it doesn't seem to have attached  :o

I would just say look closely at the job spec, check out any extra info about the school that you can glean from the ad or from their web site. See how your experience and expertise match up and sell yourself BIG time. Can you offer anything extra like playing an instrument etc?

As for CV, not sure I can be much help. Obviously the usual: qualifications , previous jobs and personal interests. Perhaps also any courses/training you have been on, positions of responsibility you have had or still have, clubs you run etc? (I'd quite like to know what others do for CV's too!)

Good luck  :D

42824[/snapback]

Hi again, have been thinking about your letter.

Is it for a teaching post in a school? If so, then you need to outline in your letter how your experience would relate to the year group or postion that you are applying for. What can you offer in addition to the main job: eg extra curricular clubs.

Mel C

:D

Thanks to all who gave me advice and sent me copies of CV and letter of application. I just about managed to get it all together and sent it off on Monday. I've not heard anything yet.....but I'll let you know what happens. thanks again. Emma :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)