Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children In Need Ideas

Help

Last year in our school the head organised Children in need activities but tonight as I was coming out of school he showed me a letter he has sent out to parents saying that I am organising an event for next Friday and I will put out the letters on Monday.I have this weekend to come up with some ideas which will involve the children and raise money too.

has anyone out there got any ideas Id be really really grateful .We have just had a dressing up book day today which was a sponsored event so I am trying to think of something different Thank you in anticipation

Is that the Pudsey Bear event?

Last year we cut out a large cardboard 5 foot high Pudsey Bear and children bought in coins 2p, 5p, 10p,20p,50p £1 and even £2's, the children cellotaped their coins onto the bear. We then did a 50p a go guess how much the coins added up to ( for parents) prize being a framed photo of their child holding the Pudsey Bear full of coins.

Not sure if this would work as a whole school event, maybe each class could do one or the children could have a small cut out Pudsey Bear each to take home and cover in coins to bring in on the friday ( would you get any back????

I think this worked quite well for us because there is such an overload these days of fundraising events, this only needed a few coins from each child which are easily found. Mind you, as I recall one child did bring in a few bags of 2 pence pieces which took a while to cellotape onto pudsey, but it was good fun. let us know what you do and how well it went.

Have fun

peggy

ps Nothing like delegation with plenty of notice eh :o

thank you so much for a quick reply I loved it I will certainly let you know how it goes If I can Ill attach some photos

crestacatx

42753[/snapback]

Hi there,

As the theme this year is something like 'be who you want to be' could the childern come to school dressed as either what they want to be when they grow up or as someone they admire/would like to be?

What do you think?

Mel C :o

Hi there,

As the theme this year is something like 'be who you want to be' could the childern come to school dressed as either what they want to be when they grow up or as someone they admire/would like to be?

What do you think?

Mel C :o

42786[/snapback]

thanks thats another good idea I willcertainly have a good think today.

Another thing Id thought of is for each child to bring 20 or 30 pence to buy a piece of long spaghetti and then put the spaghetti around the school hall and see how many times around the hall the line of spaghetti would go.The chn could guess howmany pieces of spaghetti on the floor and the winner would get a small prize Thanks for your help

We are having fancy dress (what you want to be when you grow up........ not sure what MY costume will be yet) We are also having a Teddy Bears picnic, making pudsey chocolates and cakes (Lakeland Plastics supply mould and cake cases etc) The BBC web site has many good ideas for fund raising activities and is worth a look.

We are having fancy dress (what you want to be when you grow up........ not sure what MY costume will be yet) We are also having a Teddy Bears picnic, making pudsey chocolates and cakes (Lakeland Plastics supply mould and cake cases etc) The BBC web site has many good ideas for fund raising activities and is worth a look.

42837[/snapback]

Thank you Marion I think we will have a Teddy Bears Picnic in the Nursery

Im now going to ask if anyone knows where I can download Pudsey bear colouring sheets I have trawled the internet looking but I mustnt be looking in the right places

• 2 weeks later...

42837[/snapback]

well we got through children in need and our children loved it.We all wore red and yellow and each class had a large card Pudsey Bear .The children had to bring in coins to sellotape onto Pudsey .The class who raised the most money recieved a small prize and photo on school website.Competition was fierce amongst our yr3 and 4 s and they soooo enjoyed it .We raised £260.00 pounds (mostly in 2 and 1 pence pieces .Great day but beware actually getting the coins off Pudsey to count was really hard work so will need to re think a bit for next year . :)

What a fantastic result Crestacat, :D

We did one Pudsey Bear for our small preschool and raised £36, it all adds up doesn't it. :D

I took the Bear home over the weekend but didn't find time to take all the coins off, so on the Monday I took Pudsey, covered in coins, back into preschool. I laid out plates with one of each coin on it and a name label for each coin. The children spent 20 minutes taking the coins off the cellotape, looking at them, seeing the similarities and differences and then sorting them onto the relevant plate. We then looked at which plate had the most / least coins, then counted them all. All I had to do was bag them up and take them to the bank. :o

A good maths activity as an added bonus to the previous Fridays celebrations. xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)