Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of producing more resources to cater for the ever increasing differentiated groups in my Foundation Stage Unit. I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend any websites where I can download some simple initial, medial, final, CVC, CVCC games which I can then laminate and send home for the children to play.

Thank you soooooooooooo much to anyone who can help. It will be so useful to me.

Boogie x

Hiya,

I think firstschoolyears.com have got a lot of CVC picture cards and word cards to match, might not be suitable to send home but you could use in class.

Have you seen the book phonicability games by Vera Conway? She does a series called alphabet, three letter words, four letter words etc. I borrowed them from the library and photocopied the games, coloured and laminated. They have already come in handy. I think they cost £14.99 but they do have 2nd hand ones on amazon.

Hi,

Thank you for your ideas. I currently use Jolly Phonics and I have taken some ideas from the back of that handbook. I think I will visit the websites that you have recommended and also pay a visit to the library.

If anyone else comes up with more good ideas, please keep them coming.

Thank you sooooo much.

Boogie x

We play lots of dice games with CVC words, ranging from simple track games to snakes and ladders style. Also games where you have to give a rhyming word. Another good one is CVC bingo - very quick to make in Excel.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of producing more resources to cater for the ever increasing differentiated groups in my Foundation Stage Unit.  I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend any websites where I can download some simple initial, medial, final, CVC, CVCC games which I can then laminate and send home for the children to play.

Thank you soooooooooooo much to anyone who can help.  It will be so useful to me.

Boogie x

42661[/snapback]

Have you got the Playing with Sounds folder? http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/p...iteracy/948809/

There are some good ideas for games and activities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)