Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Laugh

Rea

You know that member of staff that is always the last to arrive, first to start packing away, reluctant to go on training, says they'll do something and never bring it in? Well I had one like that. I had asked her for months at staff meetings and at other times to bring in some stuff from a course she'd attended. I left in July so it was left to the new playleader to drag out of her. Today I found out that she'd bought the stuff into playgroup months ago, but because I didnt ask her for it THAT DAY, she took it home and didnt bring it back. I was stunned, still am :o I laughed all the way home when I was told. xD Some people take not only the biscuit, but the whole barrel.

To anyone out there with staffing issues, keep plugging away. :D:D

Guest alisonjayne

Glad you can laugh about it!! You learn very quickly to have a thick skin in this job, staff we love them!I have one that is so keen to get tidied away that often children haven't accessed that particular messy activity yet! Once thats tidy she will them take over our circle times leaving myself and my deputy to finish the tidying! Anyway its the end of another week. Have a good weekend everone.

Ali

All of you who know me, know that I retired (partly) in september and left my preschool in the capable hands of me previous deputy, now manager. Now I am told EVERY TIME I ENTER THE PRESCHOOL we are doing this now....and it works really well, the children are loving this.... doing this.... behaving this way.......

what I don't understand is that all of this.....happened when I was there :oxD:(

Funny how a new position evokes a different perspective :(

(I don't mind really, it's just that i feel that all I achieved as the owner manager has been forgotten and everything NOW is successful.

Peggy

p.s. now she is in charge of, and has to justify, the petty cash budget, her demands for items are more frugal :( :wacko: xD

All of you who know me, know that I retired (partly) in september and left my preschool in the capable hands of me previous deputy, now manager. Now I am told EVERY TIME I ENTER THE PRESCHOOL we are doing this now....and it works really well, the children are loving this.... doing this.... behaving this way.......

what I don't understand is that all of this.....happened when I was there :o  xD  :(

Funny how a new position evokes a different perspective :(

(I don't mind really, it's just that i feel that all I achieved as the owner manager has been forgotten and everything NOW is successful.

Peggy

p.s. now she is in charge of, and has to justify, the petty cash budget, her demands for items are more frugal :(  :wacko:  xD

42221[/snapback]

Sorry Peggy, but I'd feel more than a bit peeved if that were me!

My other half and I laughed on Wednesday evening when I told him about my NN (many of you are already aware of the relationship between myself and my NN).

I've drawn up an outside rota, so as to ensure all staff are involved in outdoor play, not just when the weather is nice. It was NN's turn to be outside, which she didn't object to, despite the fact that it was raining a little (we have a covered area, 4 children's umbrellas, the children have coats - nobody died!). One little girl had brought in her bumble-bee umbrella from home and had taken it out. Next thing I know, she comes in to me and says she wants her umbrella. Me: "Well where is it", Her: "Outside. 'NN' has got it", Me: "Go and ask her for it", Her: "I did. She said 'later'".

I looked out of the window & saw NN sat on a stepping stone carrying out observations with this child's umbrella over her head. Incredulous!

Me "Go and ask her if you can have your umbrella again."

I watched from the window as the little girl approached, engaged in conversation & walked away again MINUS the umbrella.

Luckily it was then tidy-up time, so I avoided having to make a decision over what to do next.

SOME PEOPLE!!!!

You have my sympathies!

I wonder which stepping stone the NN was sitting on? Maybe it's the one "Begin to accept the needs of others, with support"? Sounds as if she needs A LOT of support :oxD

You have my sympathies!

I wonder which stepping stone the NN was sitting on? Maybe it's the one "Begin to accept the needs of others, with support"? Sounds as if she needs A LOT of support  :o  xD

42241[/snapback]

:(:(:( :wacko: xD