Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Class swap day

Froglet

Anyone else had class swap day/morning today? My nephew and I (2 totally different LAs) both did. How has it gone? My new reception have been the usual mix of:

A- totally fine

B - fine but very glad to see mummy/daddy at collection time

C - ok but keeping a tight rein on tears

D - not keeping being able to hold tears back and 'wanting mummy' most of the time - lots of hugs given!

E - being in need of reminding who's boss but not really getting that in case I upset those in groups C or D!

Those children I will keeps as Y1 were fine except that in circle time this afternoon one said she was worried about not knowing the teacher!

Those children I pass on to someone else mostly ok except for one girl. I actually was quite upset/cross. This girl was so excited about visiting her new class she insisted on putting her lunchbox on their trolley shelf. When she came back she was quiet and subdued most unlike her. I chatted to her at lunch and she said she didn't wasn't to be in ... Class; she was worried the work was too hard. It turned out that during the morning they had had to write down some rules for the classroom and also write about something they had 'got' (like a pet). This was one of my most able children who I've just given an exceeding to for writing. I hate to think what the children who got emerging for writing thought. I'm hoping they were just oblivious to it. When I had that class I did decorating next year's peg label, playing games and chatting! She was ok this afternoon but wanted to be close to me, hold hands, listen to stories and have the odd hug for the rest of the day. :-(