Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Provision Planner

I use an A3 planning grid with days of the week down the side and areas of provsion across the top - nine columns (Extra, including circle time; English/story/reading corner/role play; music; maths; K&U of world; small world/construction; art/DT; Sand/water/malleable; Physical)

I write everything on there and colour code it to show which activities are outside and which activities are adult focus.

I like the look of your planning Kelly - very easy to see what's going on. I'm also amazed at how much you have going on outside - our outside area is dire! Desperately need to find ways of using it to better advantage. xD

Harricroft

ps - a belated welcome to the site and thanks for sharing :o

Kelly, can ask what you have in your outdoor writing trolley? I am setting one up at school but I want to try and incorporate resources that are different to the indoor ones.

Thanks in advance!

Fox xx

Thanks Harricroft. It does look a little overcrowded out there sometimes!

ASPK - At the moment I have one of those plastic trlleys with about 3 trays and storage space at the bottom for bigger resources. I put out the usual things like pens, pencils, a range of paper and pads, envelopes etc. Then I have a tray for stationary like sellotape, scissors, hole-punch. I also put in clip-boards. There are alphabet cards / word lists and then sometime I put out newspaper cuttings etc cause the children like to write over these.

Sorry - I've run out of ideas about how to make it different myself! It's out all the time, which sometimes means the children don't notice it / it becomes part of the furniture - but at least it's there when they want / need it. I move it's position about a bit to try and help with this.

Hope this helps - but I'd appreciate some more ideas too. :)

Thanks Kelly, it sounds pretty much the same as me. I keep the trolley in a designated literacy area next to an outdoor wall-mounted whiteboard. It's really hard trying to think of resources that are more appropriate outside than in, isn't it! As our trolley has drawers in it I am thinking about keeping some with rice or sand in so the children can access them independently for writing/drawing with their fingers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)