Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making it work in year 1

Hi everyone, I'm moving into Y1 with my current class in September, and they are a 'tricky' little lot! I'm after some advice about how people structure their day/learning in the first autumn term. I've got a strong group of children who are well ready ( and ready for more structure/ adult led ) for year 1, but there are also children who need to be working with development matters because they aren't secure at 30-50 so need an eyfs approach.

I'm sure I do know how to do it (in that I'm currently meeting their needs and so can continue to do so) but I do want it to feel different for them so they 'know' they've moved up. I will have an LSA for most of the time. I'm probably making too much of a deal of it really because I haven't taught ks1 since teaching practice nearly 6 years ago and feel a bit lost!

P.s edited it say I have ordered 'making it work in year 1', and I'm a keen follower of abcdoes and have been implementing this approach this year, But thought you guys might offer good advice too.

Lucie

Edited by Lucie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)