Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qca

Hello everyone!

Are we allowed in the foundation stage to use some of the schemes of work for KS1?

The headteacher mentionned in a staff meeting that OFSTED will be asking for schemes of work. Can you shed some light on this matter?

The schemes of work should be based on the FS curriculum, not KS1 curriculum. You will need to devise your own - have you looked at the medium term planning examples from the Norfolk website? They may give you a rough idea of the sort of thing you need to do (but tailored to your own topics, of course).

I was inspected in January and had a mixed R/Yr1 class. My schemes of work for Reception were topic based (my medium and short term plans) and showed links to the QCA for Year 1's (I had more reception than year 1). Hope that helps

Thank you!

I can have a good night sleep now. I was about to download the Y1 QCA schemes and adapt them :o . What can I say thank god for the FSF :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)