Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making a good impression

Hi, Could I ask people for advice on how to make a good impression when looking around a school with a view to possibly applying for a Reception class post.

I know it`s important to ask the Head key questions and I always make a point of speaking to the children and getting down to their level.

Thanks

I was also told not to ask too many questions! Once went on a show round in a group and the one person who was at the front of the groups questioning away was not present on the day of the interviews.

• 3 months later...

My old boss said she remembered me because I bought samples of planning, Learning journeys etc and ambushed her as I left the school with the other candidates.

She said it put me at the forefront of her mind when applications came in and she could put a face to the name.

Just be yourself, have some relevant questions for them (you could spot NQTs as they all asked about free school meals which seems to be the hot topic) and show genuine interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)