Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

does anyone use target tracker?

i have looked at the end of year reports for EYFS and it is really negative for less able children, with aspects just saying they are below age-related expectations, so that would be for all 17 for some of ours by the end of the year. reception teacher not so worried as hers will just be 3 E's, and emerging in ELG sounds better than ours. what have other people done with target tracker reports to improve them?

we have been told reception and nursery have to be same and it's a bit late in the day to start from scratch. SLT were supposed to have looked at the reports and get back to us as target tracker was new in september. of course key stage 2 and 1 have been sorted, but we have been left till last and when we were shown today i was horrified ..... if we go with it i will say that if parents complain i will send them to SLT!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Needing some advice from Target Tracker users. This is our first year of using this properly. Previously in our borough we have only used emerging or securing for summative assessments so that is how I have made my judgements this year. I have noticed on target tracker that there seems to be 6 'levels' within each age and stage - 30-50b, 30-50b+, 30-50w, 30-50w+, 30-50s and 30-50s+. I'm finding this a bit overwhelming. I like the use of the 'working within/developing' as an extra addition but not sure I would be able to place children across 6 different levels. Do you use all the levels? Have I misunderstood the headings? How do you work out at what level children are working at?

Thanks,

Green Hippo x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)