Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recording Value-added In The F.s

Hi all!

I am new to the coordinators position and am looking to analyse our baseline assessments and profiles to record and monitor our value added in the FS. I would like to know how others do this as until now this has not been done in our setting! Many thanks.

Amy

Using the profile at termly intervals in the booklet should provide you with the incremental progress you require. I'd personally suggest you go for the eprofile though. It allows you to input the data and then print out the graphs that show on-entry against present attainment. You can input half termly too - which is up to you whether you do it this way. The graphs give the powers that be pictures to use (visual aids!!!) but it also gives you a picture of the areas of weakness for either a child, group or even class. Very popular in my world at the minute!

We use PIPS on-entry and exit tests but am not overly keen on them myself as they are too standardised for my liking. The profile gives you a decent idea of what to assess on and seen as it is statutory, you might as well use this as baseline and exit evidence to provide value added anyway.

Hope that answers you questions - or did I just ramble???!!!

:D

How do you access the eprofile? Is it simply the profile online? Sorry if I am seem to be a bit behind with the times?

41809[/snapback]

I downloaded mine onto my laptop from somewhere.

You might be able to download the eprofile onto a single computer from here would need to check through for license etc but it seems ok to do this.

I notice that several authorities have facilities to download from their websites but this is the first I came across.

http://www4.devon.gov.uk/dcs/assess/eprofile/

We use base line assessment which we complt on entry and when they exit the nursery, we also have a profile designed for foundation 1

I think iwill get in contact with my LEA because the eprofile does loo good thanks

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

You haven't got a copy of that baseline assessment have you green? We have a ROA which includes profile points and goes from n-r but i'm not entirely happy that it shows clearly how well below average our children are when they first come in and therefore isn't great at showing value added :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)