Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C5

Guest TEEJ

Hi,

Stuck in a rut and feel like packing this course in - even though i have five units completed and signed off... There is not enough hours in the day to look after my children and one dog, do the plans for work and do this course. Our class have just been told that we lose our tutor in Feb but the course does not finish until June. I suggested that we keep the room on at college so we could meet up, help each other and keep moral up, but it is needed for new students. Our tutor is lovely and feels exactly the same as we do but she only has a certain amount of time to give us before she is handed another class to teach. They are okay when it comes to taking our money for these courses but not when it comes to helping us. We asked the 'top dog' of college Early Years Dept. to have a meeting with us to air our views (to come into the real world) but all she said was 'you should not be writing much as the assessor will be observing most of the college work". On my NVQ2 our tutor was our assessor and she knew me and what i was capable of, she also had the knowledge to pick up any other observed work in other Elements (even if you did not put them down on your assessment sheet). She used to end the assessment with quite a lot of KE direct questions - again to lessen the amount of written work).

With this assessor you are lucky if you cover 2 KE'S on one assessment...

Sorry about this moan but it is nice to be able to speak to people who are obviously going through the same thing - anyway have sat staring at my last three KE's for 40 minutes and not sinking in.....can anybody help by giving me a few, short lines to get my brain into gear with the following -

C5

KE33 'STRATEGIES FOR THE PROMOTION AMONG COLLEAGUES AND OTHER ADULTS, INCLUDING PARENTS, OF THE REALISATION OF THE IMPORTANCE OF A NON-STEREOTYPICAL VIEW OF CHILDREN AND ADULTS.

KE19 'THE IMPORTANCE FOR THE CHILD'S SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF LEARNING TO RECOGNISE NAME AND DEAL WITH THE FEELINGS OF OTHERS AND EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.

I know it should be straight forward but i feel in a blur and need somebody just to help and lift me out of this rut.............

Thanks,

TEEJ

Hi Teej,

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit bogged down with it all at the moment. I'm afraid I can't do anything to ease that, but believe me when I say that it is a great feeling to actually get through it. Don't let all your hard work up to now go to waste. :)

You need to look at your Equal Opportunities policy and make reference to what that says. How are staff members and parents made aware of the policy? What would you do if you heard another member of staff saying to an upset boy, don't cry like a girl or if you heard them refer to one of the children as 'the girl with the glasses'?

For the second one just think about what the world would be like if as adults we were as egotistical as small children? How would you feel if you had received really good news and were brimming with excitement and wanted to tell everyone about it but no one noticed your joy? Similarly if you were really upset about something. Some children come into playgroup and they are literally jumping up and down in their impatience to tell me exciting news. By helping them to identify and name that feeling you are helping them to learn to express themselves better another time.

Do you get on well with the other people on your course and live fairly close? There is no reason why you couldn't all arrange to meet at each others houses or something. :) Good luck.

Hi Barb and Carol,

Barb - thanks for your solidarity

Carol - thanks for your help - its funny how you understand it better when someone else has input.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure I will be sat on this computer come 31st December watching all the celebrations with my bum stuck to my computer chair.............Ha!! Ha!!! xD

Role on NVQ4 (not!!!!!) :o

xx TEEJ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)