Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colours And Celebrations

Hi, I've just joined the forum in hope that I'll be able to get some creative ideas for my first teaching practice!!, which starts after half term.

Our topic is 'Colours and Celebrations'. I wanted to develop the role play area. I've thought about setting it up as a birthday party but I would really like it to incorporate other celebrations as well as birthdays, does anybody have any ideas???

Welcome Hannah, we're doing Celebrations, including birthdays so we'll be having a party area in home corner plus birthday workshop - making cards, writing invidations, printing wrapping paper, wrapping parcels etc.

We're lucky enough to have an outdoor play house that is going to be a church for weddings.

We're inviting parents in to show chn. things from their festival/culture - we hope for cooking 'barfi', mince-pies, making diva-lamps, hand painting - using felt-tipped pens not Mehndi, story-telling in English and diff languages, photos of celelbrations at home.

Welcome from me too,

Representing Fireworks would provide lots of colour exploration. Last year the children built a small bonfire ( in the role play area) using logs, branches, a trellis in a teepee shape ( from a garden centre - as you can see not my fortay, don't know what it is called) and lots of yellow, red and orange tissue paper for the flames. The back wall was covered in firework pictures, some printed from the internet ( try a google picture search) and others created by the children. The children wore hats and scarfs, and made a Guy, great fun for a whole week. It also enabled us to cover safety and fire issues as well.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I've just joined the forum in hope that I'll be able to get some creative ideas for my first teaching practice!!, which starts after half term.

Our topic is 'Colours and Celebrations'. I wanted to develop the role play area. I've thought about setting it up as a birthday party but I would really like it to incorporate other celebrations as well as birthdays, does anybody have any ideas???

Thanks  :)

41378[/snapback]

Hi is this Hannah Amies? it's kirsty from college, i am doing birthday's we have written teddy an invitation to come to our own party and they are making cakes and sandwitches and making hats an name badges for party xxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)