Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

People Who Help Us

Guest TEEJ

Hi,

Just finishing short term planning for People who help us and need some ideas for action songs in connection with police. Loads of American websites but they use 911 not 999 and so children would not understand. It is amazing how geared up the Americans are to early years - it puts us to shame.... Can you please include the tune.. ie sang to three blind mice etc....

Thanks,

TEEJ

Five little firemen standing in a row

12345 they go

jump on the engine wioth a shout

quicker than a wink the fire is out

the tune - I could sing it for you!!??

what about "PC McGarry number 452"

I have the words to that if you want it!1 Am I showing my age?!

I can give you the notes to play for the tune of Five Little Firemen if that would help, you know, DBBGB CCAAF would that be any use to you?

Or I can try to scan the sheet and send it to you.

what about "PC McGarry number 452"

I have the words to that if you want it!1 Am I showing my age?!

I can give you the notes to play for the tune of Five Little Firemen if that would help, you know, DBBGB CCAAF would that be any use to you?

Or I can try to scan the sheet and send it to you.

41307[/snapback]

Yes Judith, anything would be of use..

Thanks,

TEEJ

I'm doing People Who Help Us too - haven't got a song about police myself, but have just looked and there's a song called @Oh Mr. Policeman' in Silly Aunt Sally (Ward Lock Educational)

I've got a Fireman action poem if that's any use (by Jillian Harker from Themes for early years - People who help us).

Up jumps the fireman and slides down the pole

Runs to his clothes that are hanging on the wall

Pulls on his boots, puts his hat on his head

Drives away in the fire-engine, shiny red.

Down jumps the fireman and unrolls the hose

Turns on the tap so the water flows,

Sprays the building quickly, point the hose higher

Top to the bottom, right to left, puts out the fire.

There's also poems about removal men, the dentist, postie, bin men lollipop lady, milk man and songs about Fireman Fred, dentist, milkman.

Where do we stand on using gender stereotypes - lots of songs about firemen, I try to substitute fire fighter where possible (after OFSTED once picked up on me using 'lollipop man' to a boy during outdoor play!!) but it's not always possible. Lots of older songs are gender specific :o

Harricroft

I'm doing People Who Help Us too - haven't got a song about police myself, but have just looked and there's a song called @Oh Mr. Policeman' in Silly Aunt Sally (Ward Lock Educational)

I've got a Fireman action poem if that's any use (by Jillian Harker from Themes for early years - People who help us).

Up jumps the fireman and slides down the pole

Runs to his clothes that are hanging on the wall

Pulls on his boots, puts his hat on his head

Drives away in the fire-engine, shiny red.

Down jumps the fireman and unrolls the hose

Turns on the tap so the water flows,

Sprays the building quickly, point the hose higher

Top to the bottom, right to left, puts out the fire.

There's also poems about removal men, the dentist, postie, bin men lollipop lady, milk man and songs about Fireman Fred, dentist, milkman.

Where do we stand on using gender stereotypes - lots of songs about firemen, I try to substitute fire fighter where possible (after OFSTED once picked up on me using 'lollipop man' to a boy during outdoor play!!) but it's not always possible.  Lots of older songs are gender specific  :o

Harricroft

41333[/snapback]

Thank you, that is a lovely poem to use next week.

TEEJ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)