Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Entrants Into School

Help!

we take children in to our Year R from a wide variety of pre-schools in our area.

does anyone have any ideas for good practice in assessment to provide a baseline to assess value-added in the FSP at the end of the year?

or as the big O put it

'What proof have you tha t the children are where you think they are - and how can you predict their end of KS1 results?

sorry if I'm going over old ground but I've just joined you

ACB

Welcome, ACB!

It's probably best to take a look at the first three profile points in each area, as these are generally in line with the stepping stones. I do a quick check for things like writing own name, counting, colour knowledge, book knowledge and phonic knowledge.

Help!

we take children in to our Year R from a wide variety of pre-schools in our area.

does anyone have any ideas for good practice in  assessment to provide a baseline to assess value-added in the FSP at the end of the year?

or as the big O put it

'What proof have you tha t the children are where you think they are - and how can you predict their end of KS1 results?

ACB

41291[/snapback]

Hi,

You could use something similar to this document that I have attached. I use a different one that the AST in my school devised. I'll ask her if I can post it on this website and if she agrees I'll forward it to you.

I hope you find this first document useful.

Boogie x

Help!

does anyone have any ideas for good practice in  assessment to provide a baseline to assess value-added in the FSP at the end of the year?

or as the big O put it

ACB

41291[/snapback]

Hi,

You could use something similar to this document that I have attached. I use a different one that the AST in my school devised. I'll ask her if I can post it on this website and if she agrees I'll forward it to you.

Boogie x

towards_stepping_stones.doc

hi ACB and welcome! :D

I think this is the million dollar question really!! Boogie's document looks really useful.

Thanks for that Boogie and If you can post the other one I'm sure it will be very useful and interesting too.

Hope you don't mind but I've downloaded the document Boogie. It's very clear and broken down into easy to understand/assess chunks. Well done :D .

Harricroft

Hi,

You could use something similar to this document that I have attached.  I use a different one that the AST in my school devised.  I'll ask her if I can post it on this website and if she agrees I'll forward it to you.

Boogie x

41296[/snapback]

Thanks everyone

great to find help and support

First doc looks very interesting and would appreciate seeing next one if your AST allows it

Thank you

ACB

Hi there, Birmingham LEA Assessment unit have produced a document calledFirst Links which links the stepping stones to the profile. It's very similar to the one that Boogie has posted. You can get copies but they are £20.00!

Sue

Hi,

Great news everyone!!!!! The AST in my school has agreed to let me post her grid on this site. I find it really useful because I simply highlight it on entry to F1 and then at the end of each term through to the end of F2. This then feeds into the final profile. Our AST has also linked this grid to level one so that it continues into Year one or it is used for more able children in Foundation. (We are in a very well off area so the children tend to progress quite quickly!!)

The only drawback is you will have to wait until next week when I get back to school. (Sorry!) :o

I promise I'll post it as soon as I get a copy on disk!

Have a fab holiday. Please everyone keep sharing your good practice. After all that is how we all develop and learn to make our settings better for our children!!

Boogie x :D

Hi,

Great news everyone!!!!! The AST in my school has agreed to let me post her grid on this site.  I find it really useful because I simply highlight it on entry to F1 and then at the end of each term through to the end of F2.  This then feeds into the final profile.  Our AST has also linked this grid to level one so that it continues into Year one or it is used for more able children in Foundation.  (We are in a very well off area so the children tend to progress quite quickly!!)

The only drawback is you will have to wait until next week when I get back to school.  (Sorry!) :o

I promise I'll post it as soon as I get a copy on disk!

Have a fab holiday.  Please everyone keep sharing your good practice.  After all that is how we all develop and learn to make our settings better for our children!!

Boogie x  :D

41396[/snapback]

Thanks Boogie

and thank your AST, please

Enjoy the holiday (what's left of it!) and look forward to your posting next week

ACB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

As promised, here are the assessment grids that we use at our school. Lucy has very kindly said I could post them for you. We highlight them each term in Foundation and then this information is fed into the final profile.

I hope you find it useful. Some of it has links with Key Stage One, but I'm afraid we can't find a saved copy of them all.

Boogie x

Maths.doc

K_U.doc

HighlightingrecordprofilePersonalSocial_2_.doc

HighlightingrecordprofileMaths_2_.doc

HighlightingrecordprofileLanguage_2_.doc

HighlightingrecordprofileKnowledgePhysicalCreative_2_.doc

FOUNDATION_PERSONALSOCIAL.doc

FOUNDATION_CLL.doc

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone,

As promised, here are the assessment grids that we use at our school.  Lucy has very kindly said I could post them for you.  We highlight them each term in Foundation and then this information is fed into the final profile.

I hope you find it useful.  Some of it has links with Key Stage One, but I'm afraid we can't find a saved copy of them all.

Boogie x

42132[/snapback]

Hi Boogie

Thanks very much to you - and Lucy!

They look very useful

ACB

Hi Boogie

Thanks from me too. My HT wants us to be able to find some way of looking at value added. After the holiday when she'd seen some friends in Devon she said they were talking about PIPS to evaluate children's progress during reception and that it was superior to updating stepping stones or the profile with colour coded highlights over the year. Had I heard of it and that it wasn't anything to do with Progression in Phonics. Any thoughts anyone? I don't think I've read anything here.

Angela

Am reading this thread with great interest. As a Reception teacher, I get a lot of information from the nursery that includes highlighted individual profile booklets etc. Is this the general 'thing' that nureries send up to Rec?

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)