Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Walking through the Jungle - Lesson/activity ideas

Hi,

I am a NQT in a reception class and I have an observation coming up later this week but I am stuck for ideas! Our topic this term is Journeys and this week we are looking at the book Walking through the Jungle. There is no specific focus for my observation which is great but because it has been left so open I am stuck! Any ideas on activities linked to this book or the jungle/journeys theme would be much appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi

We did walking through the jungle as 'Talk 4 writing'. We read it then collectively decided the different actions for each animal and movement. We then collectively drew a story map of the journey the boy makes, the children helped to remember the story and draw the animals etc. We took the story outside and all moved in the differernt ways as we recited the story. We talked about other ways the animals could move around, could there be other animals and how would they move. We took the story into PE too.

Hope this is of some use

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)