Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Different types of settings

Hi,

I'm sure I have read on here somewhere that someone had set up a in their own home - running as 2 Child-minders?

Just interested to find out what different types of settings are out their as well as the standard school nurseries, sessional pre-schools and day nurseries.

If it is possible to set-up a setting in your home as a child-minder, I am assuming that you can state which age of children you are willing to take?

Thanks

Green Hippo x

Hi you can work as child minders at home, if you have more than three childminders working together it Is classed as child care on domestic premises and you then have to have a manager

We have 26 children - normally six under 2 in one room that is really like a lounge and then 20 2,3 and 4 year olds across the back of the house sharing what is also our family lounge in the evenings so we keep it this way - sofas, coffee table, telly and non messy activities/ play ! We split the 2-3 year olds off at certain times depending on numbers etc making use of all the space. We normally have 7 staff, 3 in baby room and 2 with 2-3 year olds and 2 with 3-4 year olds! Hope that's sort of clear, quite hard to describe!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)