Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Area

Hi

Thanks for the great ideas from my previous posts! Just need a little bit of help with my role play area. After half term we are looking at Celebrations and Festivals as are many of you. I am trying to think of a role play area that we can have for a couple of weeks that will link in with the theme. Any ideas?

Thanks

Katie

Hi,

We are doing celebrations over the next half term - Eid, Diwali, weddings, birthdays, Hannukah and Christmas (phew!). We are planning to have a party shop in our role play selling cakes (cardboard boxes and glitter), party banners, cards, hats, clothes etc. The plan is that the children will make things to sell in the shop during the first week back, and we will add to the things sold as the topic develops... whatever the celebration, we always need a party!

Hope that's helpful!

PS have tried to attach the labels that I've made for the shop, hope that the formatting isn't funny as I've used the font sassoon which is one that I bought...

party_shop.doc

hi katie,

i was also planning on doing the same topic and my role-play was going to be a post office linked to our writing area which was going to be set up as a card making studio.

hope this helps :)

funnyf

hi katie,

i was also planning on doing the same topic and my role-play was going to be a post office linked to our writing area which was going to be set up as a card making studio. 

hope this helps  :)

funnyf

40977[/snapback]

Great FREE resources for post office, and they send them quite quickly.

Free resources

Peggy

We've planned to look at how different cultures use body paints , for celebrations / customs, maybe you could have a bodypainting shop.

Face painting ( tribal, british, indian etc), hand painting - jewelry decoration, tattoos, etc.

Peggy

Hi there,

A quick easy role play is ' a birthday party' which leads well into

post office, elves workshop and nativity scene role plays for Christmas

The gallery has some good role play photos which can help

Lynda

Hi there

Im doing something similar next term, to tie in birthdays, divali and xmas I will change my home corner clothes to party clothes, hats and banners etc. I will hang up fairy lights for divali and xmas. The children will be able to write invitations and thank you cards. ALso office becomes post office nearer xmas.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)