Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Planning And Elgs

Hi there!

Just a quick question! Getting a little worried about my long term/medium-term planning. Do you stick to one ELG each 1/2 term for CD, KUW, PSE and PD for your focused activities? I have planned to cover a few each 1/2 term and re-visit them through the year. I also cover many ELGs each 1/2 term through my continuous provision - I have noticed from other plans posted here that other people choose up to 3 ELGs to focus on in each area each 1/2 term. Just interested to hear what other people do.

Thanks

green hippo

Ooh, I might be doing it wrong! For the this half-term we have been trying to cover 13 (!) ELGs through our 'topic' work - ie focus activities PLUS we cover quite a few ELGS through continuous provision and daily rountines.

We think of the ELGs as being quite global and break them down into learning intentions for different activities. Very rarely is an ELG an actual learning intention.

Does this help?

PS we did not succeed in covering the 13 we had planned to. So will need to revisit some of them again.

When I was planning, which I am not at the moment being on Supply, I used to plan against all ELGs everyterm within the topic and within continuous provision. I found that some term the topic would lend itself to some areas more than others but we were able to see our gaps across the year and plan for those too.

Isnt the curriculum model a spiral that is continually revisited and built upon?

Within my weekly planning I would indicate with a number the ELG that I was working towards (goals numbered in order that they appear within FSG) and my learning intention would be more specific "to-----"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)