Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ICT - Ideas Needed!

I will soon be having my performance management observation and, as always, will be expected to have an element of ICT :( to get even a 'good' outcome. My observation will be with a small group of children who will be describing an object - that's about as far as I have got at the moment!

Can anyone help with suggestions for ICT? I wondered if there is anything that might link to my obs in some way - perhaps a downloadable game (?).

Thank you. :1b

I think we probably need more to go on than that brief outline but maybe you could find some sort of shadow game/ activity if you are going to be describing objects. If children can identify objects from their shape then they could be extended to use describing vocabulary with real objects?

I think we probably need more to go on than that brief outline but maybe you could find some sort of shadow game/ activity if you are going to be describing objects. If children can identify objects from their shape then they could be extended to use describing vocabulary with real objects?

The children are beginning to describe real objects. I am using a 'talk box' (just a 'special' box I use for this purpose). I used it for the first time yesterday and the children were very interested in what was inside - I was surprised at the level of language coming from the children - bumpy/shiny/small/hole/pink nose/flowers/pointy ears - and not one child named it (an 'owl' salt shaker) I was very impressed and would like to continue with this/extend their learning (mixed ability 3+4 yr olds).

I love your idea of a shadow game - I could develop this by asking them to imagine what the object might feel like/look like.

Thank you, Susan.

Could you perhaps use talk tins for children to record their descriptions on, or, if you don't think they could do that, you could record a description on a talk tin and they would have to listen to it and find the matching object.

You could play a game where you record a child describing an item you give them and the others have to play back the recording and guess what they are describing.

Could always make it easier by laying out the objects plus a few red herring for them to guess from....a sort of audio Kim's game if you get my drift.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)