Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

spaceman costumes

Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced, spaceman/astronaut costumes for our role play area? Looking for something robust that can withstand play by 60 boisterous four year olds!

Thank you.

We did above and then spray painted silver black flower buckets ( sold at the supermarkets 8 for 99p) cut slots for eyes and wore them as helmets kids loved them. We also had some broken earphones we sprayed too and then they had old keyboards for controls. If you want to but one my own child has a lovely silver very good quality one from M&S, no idea how much as it was a present.

A fab member of staff in our fsu made simple tabards out of strong bubble wrap painted silver and silver duct tape! Just cut out a hole to pop the head through and voila they become astronauts- they've used them 2/3 years running I believe in a fsu of 60-70 children (rather boisterous too!) and the children love them every time. They also made jet packs using large pop bottles (painted silver again or managed to get hold of silver opaque ones) duct taped together with some elastic at the top/ side- all v simple and effective if you are able to gather the resources and spare a bit of time

Have fun! :)

Pound land have emergency blankets which are the silver foil ones. Also www.doodlecraft.blogspot.com had a brilliant photo of a simple homemade jet pack (as described above) silver bottles with flames cut out and stuck to bottom looks fab. Love the bubble wrap idea - will have to get some made too :)

Ps just click on the link find kids crafts and scroll down to jet packs ... Also while you're there have a look at the lego man crayons (I love them) xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)