Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SIMs assessment for EYFS?

Hi All

I have just found out that at my school we should have the option to record our EYFS assessment data on SIMs - is anyone else using this? And is it purely for the end of year scores or should I be able to use it throughout the year for tracking?

Any advice welcomed!

xx

Hi Mac20 - we use SIMS for reception data.

I am using the SIMS termly tracker to record termly progress. There is one major snag, however - it only covers 30-50 (or working below 30-50) and 40-60 months... I can find nowhere to record those children who are already working within the ELGs! I have tried to find a solution to this today (as I input term 2 data) but to no avail thus far. Hopefully someone reading my answer to your question will be able to help!

Good luck!

Guest tinkerbell

I am using SIMS too.ajf10,I am not sure but perhaps you can't record on the ELG's because it is for the end of year.We input each half term mac20.

welcome mac20

Thank you both for your replies! It looks like it might be ok for my Reception class then but not for our Nursery - was hoping we would be able to use one tracker as we work as a unit. Tapestry is looking very tempting!

xx

Hello

I have an update on SIMS... having spoken to our LA tech lady, I now have the full set of termly marksheets that include the Early Learning Goals! (It seems I had not been updated with the latest forms). These are much easier and quicker to complete than the progress tracker, so happy bunny.

Tinkerbell, we have children already working within ELG at end of term 2. (Several came in reading and writing, so no pressure!)

Guest tinkerbell

I too have a couple of boys reading very well they will be recorded as exceed at the end of year.....and they will then be expected to be level5s or even 6's at the end of year 6 so no pressure ( for the rest of the staff!)

Guest flutter

I had loads of trouble with SIMs at the beginning of the year and have returned to the new version of the eProfile. I find it really easy to use.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)