Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dental Hygienist Visits?

Hi

I would like a dental hygienist to come and visit the children at my nursery to talk about keeping their teeth clean etc, as were are about to introduce teeth cleaning at nursery and I feel this would be a good lead.

Now I know this has happened before but this was when I worked in Glasgow - I now work in Bristol. Does anyone know if this still happens and if so, how do I arrange a visit?

I have made new fewer than 11 phonecalls today and I am still none the wiser!!!

Anyone able to shed some light - pleeeassse??

Nic x

Hi, I'm in Devon and we still have the 'oral hygenist' in to visit the children - they wrote to us to ask if we were interested and we of course replied 'yes please'. It may depend on your local health authority. Your health visitor may be willing to talk about similar things - ours came and talked about healthy eating and she had all this lovely little knitted food which we were allowed to borrow.

I'm in Kent and have a hygienist visit once a year, again from the health authority. She's very good using lots of props and does a short puppet show about eating sweets, gives you toothache, visit the dentist, all better. ( short version :o )

We link this to a health week on good foods etc.

If all else fails you could do your own puppet show xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)