Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

At Last Last Day Of Term!

flowlow

So today was the last day. We did a dancing nativity which was really well received and the children did an amazing job. :D:D Those that had been reluctant up until now pulled it out of the bag and to everyones giggles one little boy kept stating 'well done everyone' and 'good job' at regular intervals :D

We don't have the best committee at the moment and one of their jobs was to make sure we had festive table cloths for party food time. This was not done and we found out last minuet, however bless her one member of the team emerged from the back of the cupboard triumphantly waving rolled up paper with the idea of putting this on the tables, providing crayons and letting the children make their own. Fab idea I thought although one of the other staff who likes things done 'properly' and is not good with change nearly had a fit! However we left her twitching in the corner and went ahead, the children loved it, staff loved it and parents loved it and in fact all three groups were caught regularly finding a 'clean spot' for a Christmas doodle. :P

So Father Christmas arrives and is secreted into the disabled toilets to get changed. What we forgot was that we had locked it from the outside to prevent children going in and seeing the presents but were popping in now and again to count presents and do last minute checks! one of the childminders that have been part of the pre-school for about 28 years and was doing all these checks for us didn't know he was in there and went marching in to find father Christmas pulling on his trousers :P:ph34r: very funny!!

Learning journeys were praised except I (as the manager and someone who should in my opinion be setting the best example) to my horror had made the most embarrassing typo :o instead of 'we discussed what might make the duck feel happy again' I had written something quite different and missed it on my proof read through (all three times) thank goodness the parent had a sense of humour and said it was the funniest typo she had read and that it had made her day!!

So the year draws to a close it was in the end a brilliant way to end the year, we had so many lovely compliments on the pre-school as a whole and how much the children cant wait to get to us each day and on the Christmas celebrations. The nativity was a hit and caused much laughter for all the right reasons and maybe now I will stop waking up at 4.00/5.00am singing the songs! We survived!

so it is with a warm, glowy and I would have to say very relieved feeling I say Merry Christmas one and all xxx

• Like 6

Guest youngrisers

wonderful news love your day our festivities have happened over the week and we spent yesterday pm chatting to father Christmas and receiving gifts party was hectic but fun with vast quantities of snack food eaten plus grapes, cucumber and cheese! love the winter songs we sang to parents and the whole infant department which was so much fun and then today heaved a sigh of relief as we finished knowing tomorrow is just for the staff training fun too.

have a super Christmas break ^_^