Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Topic- Decorations

Decorations is my topic for my Y3/4 SLD/PMLD class. I think it sounds like a good topic with plenty of scope for stuff, but as I've sat down to think about it, my mind has gone blank. Any ideas anyone? I know you lot are great at this kind of thing.

I'm kind of annoyed that Bonfire Night, Eid and Divali are all in the 1st week back after half term but there we go, that's just the way it is!

Yes, I agree, it's a shame they all come together, but it needn't prevent you from using them. Talk about them during the week, perhaps focussing more on Bonfire Night, because then you can spend a few weeks looking at traditions and decorations within the Muslim, Sikh and Hindu traditions, which should allow you to move fairly seamlessly into Christmas. Lots of opportunities for comparisons and potential for an enjoyable time for all?

Any good?

Sue :D

For Diwali we make candles - night light pushed into clay ball use mark making tools to decorate clay, paint if you wish.

Sandwich coloured tissue between white tissue using plenty of pva glue - do this on plastic bags, when dry peel them off and use for stained glass windows/ rangoli patterns.

Fold A4 coloured paper/card in half draw half a teardrop shape as big as possible on fold draw three more inside getting smaller - using scissors cut out - you end up with 4 teardrops in 4 sizes, 1234. staple onto string putting 1 inside 3 2 inside 4 makes nice hanging decoration.

Just thread loads of scrap card, paper cases, fabric, tissue onto string/wool or curling ribbon. there are some pictures in the gallery

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)