Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

reception teachers - help!

i'm nursery and the reception teacher and i have been tasked with getting our planning into the same format. i am concerned with what i have seen of hers, but it may be just me!! do you plan for 1 aspect for each area of learning each half term or all 2/3? we plan for 1 in nursery and really focus on it, e.g. are focussing on self-confidence and self-awareness in pse. reception teacher is doing all 3 aspects this and every half term. i feel this is too wide. what do you do?
also their weekly planning only has 40-60+ DM statements. shouldn't it be 30-50 and 40-60+? their are many who went up securing in 30-50, so would benefit with more consolidation. and every 40-60+ statement and elg is on each week for every area. help!!! does this seem reasonable? haven't been in reception for 7 years so i would welcome your advice x :blink: :huh: B)

Planning covers all aspects as things are so interwoven. You may only plan for one but you will and should hit several aspects in any one activity. I mostly have 40-60 objectives on my planning as this is where you want the children to attain, however alongside this all staff have a list of children to target who may not be secure with 30-50 months. These children in many cases will have to make accelerated progress in order to reach expected level so receive additional adult support during planning time. When you say she has every area on planning is that in CP or adult led? There are opportunities within our areas to cover all aspects but each week our adult led would have a focus and then the enhancements in our areas would encourage the practise of this new skill. Hope that makes sense. Working together should be great you will probably find sharing a format and ideas really helpful.

that's why i wanted advice, as it seems reception is different. we hit other aspects in cp, but enhancements and adult led is focussed on one aspect and this helps other staff as just a few objectives to remember each week. and helps to ensure we are objective led, not activity led. and that each aspect gets equal coverage, and is consolidated through the year 2/3 times.

whole of 40-60+ and elgs are on every week for adult led.

i do appreciate your input

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)